Thursday, June 18, 2015

6/18/15 - My Patio View


This is just one of the wonderful things I get to watch from my beautiful patio.

I also get to see deer.


And cows - very unexpectedly.


No one knew what to do with them or from whence they came. So, when you live outside the city limits on the San Gabriel, "Who you gonna call?" Go Sheriffs!


The other night Bentley started stalking something in the grass. It scared me because I thought it might be a snake. It wasn't. It turns out we have a resident frog that also enjoys the new patio.


Sitting on the chair as though he expected to be served.

And speaking of Bentley, when one turns 13 as he did on June 2, and one's mom has the finest patio in the land, one gets to have a birthday party. His celebration was actually on time. I'm just late posting it. Happy birthday beautiful boy! You deserve a celebration all month long!


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming July 2015

Kaleidoscope 9, a collection of unrelated short stories by .... me

Enjoy this excerpt from The Blue Lady:

"The hair on the little old lady was even blue with a touch of silver that seemed to dance on her head. Her eyes were blue, vibrant blue like the Caribbean. I bet she was a looker in her younger days. Her crisp two-piece suit was royal blue and she donned a matching pill hat, the small boxy kind you only see in the movies. And even though we’re in the 21st century, I almost expected her to have crisp, white gloves to match. She didn’t, but she did have the navy blue patent purse, complete with a silver clasp and a short leather band braced sturdily over her forearm. Her shoes matched exactly and the patent leather shone like moonlight on a lake."

1 comment :

  1. he sure doesn't look 13 at all.. happy birthday Bentley. at first i thought it was an OREO cow, but then i realized it is a white mom with a black baby... two cows... what fun.. watch out for the dogs eating that frog, they are really dangerous if they eat them

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you!