Tuesday, March 24, 2015

3/24/15-A Day of Being Brave


I am working on a blog post about acceptance, but if I keep waiting until I finish it…. Well, let’s just say at the rate I'm going my next publication could be 2016 and the chicken above could be a great grandparent.  So, for now, I will share my day of being brave with you.

What does a baby chick and an egg have to do with being brave?  On January 24, two months ago to the day, I cracked open a farm fresh egg and poured out a baby chick.  It was beyond words disgusting and just YUK! I thought I might not ever eat eggs again. Then this morning, I got brave.


I also consider it brave that I cooked anything at all because my gas stove requires manually lighting a pilot light and cooking with an open flame.  Normally that’s not a big deal, but I was bedridden Friday through Sunday and cooking just a mere 2 days later is cause for celebration.

I also went out on a limb today and threw away my outdoor, bad weather, beyond repair, falling apart, most comfortable in the world, 9-year old walking shoes today.


Yes, I know, but somehow letting go of them touched a core issue of operating from lack for me. It meant that I now have to rely on a new pair of shoes which are exactly the same, only pretty and pristine, and get okay with using them on a daily basis.  I have no idea why that was so hard for me, but it was.  I’ve had the new pair for several months.  I haven’t sorted it out yet, but clearly I should have been able to long ago toss the old pair to the curb.  It felt brave to do so today.

I also circumvented not getting directly caught up in other people’s drama today.  That felt brave. 
borrowed from FB, page IDK
If given another opportunity, I may speak up from connection with my higher spiritual energy as an example of light and love, but for today, being brave enough to not engage was the best I could do.

also borrowed from FB, page IDK
This evening I went to the dog park and the store.  By myself - just me and the furbabies.  It took me 3 hours, and I made 3 wrong turns.  It might not have been the smartest thing to do, but it felt brave.

It is late Tuesday night.  By the time you read this post it will probably already be Wednesday.  I end the day feeling brave knowing that I will also face tomorrow with courage.  I have finished my intake and eval appointments with the advocacy center and tomorrow is my first day of doctor visits.  I don’t have time for fear of eggs, living from lack or engaging in senseless drama.

I leave you with a video from YouTube by Jana Stanfield, “If I Were Brave”.  Enjoy and know that you are loved.  You are love.  You are awe-mazing. XOXO


2 comments :

  1. i am so happy for you that you can start the doc visits now.. and it took me YEARS to eat eggs after that happened to me. and i still have trouble biting into a boiled egg because of it.. same thing, cracked the egg and there it was.. yuck. i have a pair of shoes like this that i use when we go to the beach, you were very brave to toss them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are birds of a feather dear Sandra (no pun intended). ;)

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you!