Monday, July 13, 2015

7/12/15-Day Two


At the border of Oklahoma and Kansas, we stopped at McDonald's and there was a horse on the highway.

Well, not really.


It was a subway sign. I have no words.

And....

Drum roll please....

I drove! It was a straight shot up 35, no traffic, and no construction, but I drove! I was so excited and thrilled beyond belief. I'm on the road again. And I drove! Life is awe-mazing.

We made it to our hotel in Lee's Summit, and I get to see Unity Village for the first time tomorrow morning. What an adventure I am on!

Once we got to the hotel, Bentley and I needed some quiet time alone so we took a very long walk. You are going to be awe-mazed at the park we found. It is called a "prayer path" with many different "reflection gardens" and each one has its own name. I took the walk because I needed connection and God gave me a prayer and reflection park. Why am I not surprised.

It is one of the prettiest parks I've ever seen, anywhere, in all my travels. It got dark so I only got 3 photos of the very first garden on the trail. I will get up early in the morning and get more photos of the other reflection gardens.

These are views from The Garden of Hope. Thank you Spirit.


That's our hotel in the background.

And this is the Methodist church that maintains it all, with it's own mote of fountains around the entire property of peaceful trails.


And this is the view from the Garden of Hope bench.


John reports Nonni and her half-brother Zuber are getting along famously.

Life is good. Unity Village tomorrow morning, then .... On The Road Again! Happy, happy, happy am I.

3 comments :

  1. An adventure, indeed! Beautiful surroundings. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are safely there and got to drive. did not know you were taking the dogs.. enjoy the beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, thank you! Bentley is on the trip with me. He loves being on the road again as much as his momma. Nonni is staying with her half brother, Zuber, at John's house. You met him in my post when we (he) decorated my patio and bought the car we are in. :))

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you!